Do You Feel Your Marriage is Doomed?
Then you need an ESCAPE PLAN!
Planning for a divorce is all about making smart choices with a clear mind.
Consider how you would like your life to be after the divorce. The more you plan ahead, the better position you will be in to make the most of your post-divorce life. Here are some areas that you might start to consider before you take that final step:
• Finances: Child support and maintenance may not be enough for you to live on after a divorce. Many ex-spouses will try to take as much money as they can and you may end up scraping to make ends meet. It will probably mean that you can no longer live the life-style you were hoping for.
•It would also be a good idea to do some research into finding a top divorce lawyer when the time is ready!
• Career: To best prepare for your post-divorce life you need to make plans for your career. Consider career counselling, re-training or going back to school.
DO IT NOW!! WHILE YOU CAN!
By doing it before your ask for a divorce any money you spend will be considered joint money and not deducted from your settlement!
• Children: If you have children you need to consider how you are going to tell them about the divorce. Do some research to help you learn the best ways to help them to cope and also to help you to understand how their lives will be affected.
• Support Systems: You need to consider who will be the people that you will be able to turn to! Some family and friends may not cope well with the idea of divorce whilst others will remain unconditionally by your side. Give some consideration to who will be in each category.
• Future Goals: Going through a divorce can be devastating and many people become depressed and lack the motivation to move forward. The best way to overcome this is to create new goals for your future. Start thinking about some of the things you would like to do with your new future. Consider your interests, your dreams and make plans!
There is much to consider when planning your life post-divorce.
Instead of letting things happen, take control and make them happen!